Trambopoline! As Homer would say (no, the other Homer)

Will Brad Pitt really take another stab at Homer…in a movie set in space?

Brad Pitt & George Miller Team on The Odyssey
Source: Variety October 17, 2008

After turning Homer’s epic poem “The Iliad” into the 2004 film Troy, Warner Bros. and Brad Pitt are teaming with George Miller to adapt the Greek poet’s other masterwork, “The Odyssey.”

I can’t tell if I should be excited or horrified, so in honor of the Simpsons neologism in this post’s title, I declare myself exictified at the prospect of this movie.

Their intention is to transfer the tale to a futuristic setting in outer space.

Variety says Warner Bros. has quietly set up The Odyssey, and the early hope is that Pitt will star and Miller will direct, with Pitt’s Plan B producing.

Both Homer poems dealt with the Trojan War; “The Odyssey” focused on the exploits of Odysseus, who hatched the idea to build the Trojan Horse. “The Odyssey” deals with his long journey home after he declines to become a god.

I can’t tell if I’m excited or horrified at the thought of this movie. So, in honor of the Simpsons neologism in the title of this post, I declared myself “excitified”.

One Response to “Trambopoline! As Homer would say (no, the other Homer)”

1. Cool says:

A great movie, but i have to agree on you that the exaggeration of the characters were obvious. :))

Well, i think if they focused on the other part of the poem of Homer, this movie will be far better than what it is now.
    Nice post!

Staypressed theme by Themocracy