We are pleased to announce the launch of the new and improved Bridge vocabulary app!
New features include
- The ability to create similarity lists (words that appear in your target text & one or more texts); e.g. all the words that appear in Aeneid 1.1-100 and also Wheelock’s Latin and Catullus 1-5.
- Optional text-specific definitions for select texts, including Vergil’s Aeneid, Tacitus’ Agricola, Ovid, Amores 1, Cicero, In Catilinam 1, Nepos, Life of Hannibal, and Catullus.
- Results now produce stable URLs that can be copied and shared.
- Option to show frequency data for every word in the text in a search
- Option to show first appearance of every word in the selection (to create a running list)
- Option to show link to Logeion dictionary
- Option to show rank of work in corpus of all Bridge texts
- Option to show Latin words with or without macrons
- Ability to sort results by frequency or first appearance or alphabetically (or any other displayed information)
- Ability to filter results by search field
- Results table is more customizable: include or hide parts of speech, frequency information, and definitions; limit or expand number of entries on the page for ease of use (show, e.g. first 50 or 100 or all entries)
- Improved export feature
- Greatly improved handling on mobile devices.
- Improved selection page with separate areas for lists, texts, and textbooks.
- Significantly expanded selection of ancient texts and textbooks
There have also been innumerable behind the scenes improvements that will yield a faster, more stable platform. It will also be much easier to add new texts, so expect even more soon. If you wish to contribute, please contact Bret Mulligan.