Known Issues and Workarounds
On the selection page
- Irregular Textbook Numbering Schemes
- If you want to select lettered sections within a chapter, simply append these to the chapter after a period: e.g. 1a = 1.a.
On the results page
- Safari only: downloading as Excel/CSV and Tab-Delimited downloads a file titled “Unknown” that may not be able to be opened.
- WORKAROUND: If the user manually appends .xls or .txt (for CSV and Tab-delimted) to this file in the Finder, it opens in Excel or a word processing program in the proper format.
- GREEK results: alphabetical sort is incorrect; because the program displays accented and unaccented characters separately, alphabetical sort produces two alphabetical lists, the first with unaccented characters the second with accented characters
- WORKAROUND: If you download and import your results, you can sort alphabetically in Excel.
- Macrons in download appear as gibberish
- SOLUTION: Make sure that the encoding in your program (e.g. Excel) is set to the most recent Unicode (UTF-8).
- SOLUTION: Be sure that you IMPORT the .csv file, specifying the format as Unicode (UTF-8). If you merely OPEN the file, it defaults to your default format (which is likely Windows or Macintosh).
- Download includes all words in list, including those filtered on the results page.
- WORKAROUND: export file to Excel and then filter and/or sort to find and remove unwanted items.